- AZDOME 3-Lead ACC Mini-USB Port Hardwire Kit - This allows the Dash Cam to be installed in your vehicle without the need to use the 12V/24V outlet (car cigarette socket). Converts 12V-24V to Output 5V/2.5A Max.
- Automatically Enter Parking Mode - With the Hardwire Kit being installed, the Dash Cam will power on and start recording automatically when the vehicle is opened or starts. If you turn on the function of parking monitor on the dash cam, it will automatically enter the time-lapse recording mode or the continuous recording mode.
- Low Voltage Protection - The inbuilt minimum voltage limiter will protect the vehicle's battery from going flat. If the voltage of your car battery drops to this default voltage 11.8V or 23.6V, it will cut off the power, which leaves you with enough power to start your car for the next time.
- Complete Accessories - Contains all the components required to easily piggyback on the fuse box of any vehicle. Simply plug the required fuse tap cable into the vehicle’s fuse box to provide the camera with its own power supply.
- Fuse sizes and the type of Fuse Taps vary depending on your vehicle, please check your Fuse Box to see what type of fuse tap your vehicle requires. There are 4 variations of the add-a-fuse that we carry: ACZ(micro2), ACS(mini), ACN(LP-mini) and ACU(ATO) as photos (2 Needed Per Vehicle).
- Note: It is NOT compatible with some Ford trucks and vehicles with the included fuse taps . If you have Ford F150 2021, Ford F150 Lariat 2011, Ford F350, Ford Edge 2011, Ford Explorer 2013, Ford Expedition 2013, Ford Ranger 2021 trucks/cars, this will not work for you.
- Worry-Free Aftersales - Every customer is fully covered by 1-YEAR WARRANTY. If you’re having any doubt, it comes with a Full Refund within 30 DAYS. As always, AZDOME promises you 24/7 online customer service.
The AZDOME 3-Lead Hardwire Kit is a power management device that provides power to your dashcam from your car's battery via fuse box to keep your dashcam continuously running even after your engine is turned off to utilize the 24-hour Parking Monitor feature. Automatically detects voltage input whether your vehicle is running DC 12V or 24V. It is compatible with most dash cameras available in the market with a mini USB power connector.
The Hardwire Kit will monitor your voltage status and cut-off the power to the dashcam if the voltage drops below the conﬁgured value more than 8 seconds. And reserves enough power so you can start your car for the next time. You have four different conﬁguration choices that you can select when you want the power to be disconnected to the dash cam when the battery’s voltage reaches a certain level.
Make sure to test and identify the minimum necessary battery voltage you will need to start your car for the next time before you set to the lowest setting. We recommend that you start with the highest setting, and then test and press only one voltage option in sequence to ﬁnd the suitable battery voltage that will give you enough battery power left over to start your car for the next time.
Four Options of Low Voltage Protection:
- For 12V Battery: 11.8V 12.0V 12.2V 12.4V
- For 24V Battery: 23.6V 24.0V 24.4V 24.8V
Note: If you press at the same time to select 2 or more options, or do not select the voltage option, this default voltage cut-off is 11.8VDC for a 12VDC battery and 23.6VDC for a 24VDC battery. 12.2V or 24.4V recommended for most users in general driving conditions.
- Reverse connect protection
- Short circuit protection
- Overload protection
- Overtemperature protection (protection circuit over 130℃, return to normal when it drops to 90℃).
- Total Cable Length: 3.5 Meters (input 0.8 meter, output 2.7 meters)
- Output Connector: Right Angled Mini USB plug, DC 5V, 2.5A
- Working temperature: -20℃ to 90℃
Hard-wire kits, there are 3 wires that need to be connected:
- A RED wire (BAT+), needs to connect with constant fuse, which can provide power to dash cam even when the vehicle is off.
- A YELLOW wire (ACC), needs to connect with Fuse Box ACC, which can make the dash cam auto power on&off when the vehicle is on&off.
- A BLACK wire (GND), needs to connect with metal bolt or screw, which can prevent electric shock.
1. The Parking Mode only works on dash cam that have the function of detecting ACC, this will make your camera record based on your camera’s parking mode setting.
2. Always refer to the vehicle owner’s manual to avoid fuse slots that could pertain to important safety features within your vehicle. For example, avoid fuses that controls airbags, stability control programs, etc.
Fuses that control certain elements such as the radio, garage door opener, sunroof, etc. are usually safe to use.
3. Fuse sizes and the type of Fuse Taps vary depending on your vehicle, please check your Fuse Box to see what type of fuse tap your vehicle requires. There are 4 variations of the add-a-fuse that we carry: ACZ(micro2), ACS(mini), ACN(LP-mini) and ACU(ATO) as photos (2 Needed Per Vehicle).
4. It is NOT compatible with some Ford trucks and vehicles with the included fuse taps . If you have Ford F150 2021, Ford F150 Lariat 2011, Ford F350, Ford Edge 2011, Ford Explorer 2013, Ford Expedition 2013, Ford Ranger 2021 trucks/cars, this will not work for you.
AZDOME M550 dash cam is built in Super Capacitor. No power pack or batteries. It must be powered by connecting to your car in one of three ways direct connect to a fuse, cigarette light adapter or a OBD cable. So if you want to use parking mode you need to purchase hard-wiring kit with 3 wires, the output current need reach 5V/2.5A.
- Please connect the red wire to always powered, the yellow wire to ACC, and the black wire to ground.
- If the AZDOME hardwire kit is connected correct, find the "Park" menu in the menu, press OK to select connected, tick parking monitoring, and press the menu button to exit and save the settings
- Once the car turns on ACC, AZDOME M550 dash cam will automatically turn on, and once the car turns off, the camera will enterTime-Lapse Parking Mode / Motion Detection Parking Mod / Collision Detection Parking Mode automatically when hardwire the camera correct.
This hardwire kit impressed me with its comprehensive package. It includes the hardwire cable itself, fuse taps for various types, and even fuses, eliminating the need for additional purchases. While I prefer 3-5A fuses for most dashcams (10A feels unnecessary), the variety offered is still commendable.
As a tech enthusiast, I always bench-test low voltage shutoff circuits for accuracy. This kit's circuit was spot-on! Setting it to 12.2V truly shut off the camera at that precise voltage, not a lower point as I've seen elsewhere. That reliability is crucial for battery protection.
this hardwire kit for mini-USB cameras truly impressed me. Kudos to the team for making installation a breeze, even without extensive research! Here's what stood out:
Value for money: The quality and features justify the cost, making it a worthwhile investment.
Thoughtful design: The packaging and cable organization are well-planned, simplifying setup.
Quality materials: Durable components and clear instructions ensure a reliable and convenient installation.
24-hour parking mode: The three-wire configuration enables continuous recording for peace of mind.
Wide compatibility: Two extra fuse kits cater to various car models, eliminating compatibility concerns.
Versatility: Works with any dashcam or mini-USB accessory requiring similar parking mode setup, not just the advertised Azdome M550.
Minor suggestion: A trim removal tool would be a valuable addition for easier cable routing, though not a deal-breaker.
Overall, this hardwire kit exceeded my expectations and streamlined the installation process. Thank you for creating such a user-friendly and versatile product!
I've become a big fan of hardwire kits, especially for unlocking features like parking mode. While I've mostly used USB kits, I just snagged a camera with a C-charging port, so I'm eager to try their dedicated kit too. These kits have been rock solid across both winter and summer, never failing me with power or flimsy wires. The inclusion of multiple fuse sizes is a real bonus, ensuring compatibility with a wider range of vehicles.
I understand your frustration with the previous dashcam and its limited parking mode. This one with "Parking Mode" support was definitely the right call. The initial setup went smoothly thanks to a quick online search for your specific car model and year.
However, the battery drain after a few nights was concerning. Even with Parking Mode activated, it seems this hardwire kit kept drawing power constantly, even when the car wasn't running. This could be a fault with the kit itself, a potential misconfiguration, or a wiring issue.
Testing with your multimeter was a smart move. Finding the constant power draw even on the ACC fuse was definitely unexpected and likely the culprit behind the drained battery. Now, with the hardwire kit removed and the camera disconnected, the battery issues seem to persist, suggesting the constant drain might have damaged the battery itself.
This dashcam lived up to my expectations. It captured clear footage in various conditions, meeting my primary need for a reliable vehicle camera. The included instructions and mounting hardware made setup straightforward, allowing me to customize the camera placement for optimal coverage.